Munich, 08 March 2012 - Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of storage and wireless networking solutions, is today unveiling its redesigned SOHO and SMB NAS TeraStation Series at CeBIT in Germany.
The back-up and storage device provides more memory and features, and better performance than its predecessor, including two to four 10/100/1000 Ethernet links with port trunking capabilities and substantially new and improved firmware with an even more intuitive user interface, providing support for SMEs (small to medium enterprises) growing storage needs.
The flagship product, named the TeraStation 7 includes 12 drive bays, up to 48 TB (terabytes) of storage, an Intel Xeon (Quad Core) E1225 and 4GB of RAM fitted. The TeraStation 5 has two to eight bays and works with Intel Atom dual-core processor D2700 with 64-bit architecture, and 2 GB DDR3 RAM. All models offer flexible scalability and extensive RAID functionality for maximum data security at the highest data transfer rates. It can be used as a new TeraStations iSCSI as well as a NAS. The TeraStation range supports replication and failover, and can be easily adapted to the storage strategy of a company.
For connecting additional storage or uninterruptible power supply, the TeraStations also offer up to five USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports on the front and back as well as an integrated FTP server and Web Access apps for Android, Windows Mobile 7 and iOS, meaning employees who are often traveling on notebooks, netbooks and smartphones have continued access to important data and files.
The new models will be available as a desktop or 4-bay and 12-Bay Rackmount in Q2 2012 and prices will be announced at a later date.
Reliable backup system with failover capability
Depending on the number of bays, the TeraStation can have up to nine RAID modes (0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 51, 60, 61), allowing users to choose to either increase speed or safety. Its hot-swap functionality means that even if a drive fails, the TeraStation will automatically power down the faulty drive to allow its safe removal and replacement without interrupting work or causing any data loss or costly downtime for the company. The backup function allows the inclusion of additional network storage via LAN or an external USB drive for backup and synchronization of data.
Further safety features include automatic disk encryption and Active Directory support, allowing for simplified management and the ability to create local users and groups and providing security against unauthorized access.
In addition, the latest TeraStation series includes replication failover for increased availability of system or network failures, so that in case of emergency, the second connected TeraStation can take over for the first, to the acquisition of the MAC address. Each TeraStation includes 10 licenses of NovaBACKUP Business Essentials for a quick and easy creation of the backup routine.
Intelligent power management and scheduling
The Buffalo TeraStation series provides power management, saving companies up to 66 per cent of electricity by using the integrated timer. The function allows standby and activity times to be specified and by setting the device to "Auto", the TeraStation, when powered on, searches the network computers, using the pre-installed NAS Navigator and automatically turns on and off.
Easy installation and integration
The completely revised user interface provides a quick integration into existing infrastructures, making it easy for system administrators. The handy LCD display on the front of TeraStation is also a quick overview of system status.
Buffalo Technology TeraStation features 2-12 Bay
• Fully stocked NAS (2 to 8 plates,12Bay tbd.)
• High-speed data transmission
• Two to four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports with port trunking
• Real-time backup replication and failover function
• Support for IP cameras
• Replace faulty hard drives during operation (hot swap function)
• Hot Spare function - enables automatic switch over to a spare drive during hard drive failure to ensure business continuity and uninterrupted operations
• Switching on and off according to schedule - for flexible power savings by up to 66% and lower CO2 emissions
• WebAccess and Buffalo app for Android, iOS and WP7 - Access via PC, Mac or smartphone
• Depending on the model to new operational modes: Standard, RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 51, 60, 61
• Support for Active Directory
• Built-in DLNA certified media server
• Built-in BitTorrent Client
• Supports Apple Time Machine
• NFS allows the integration of UNIX clients
• optional disk encryption
• Access via iTunes software on the TeraStation
• Quota management to assign individual users specific storage
• EXT3 Reader - Back-up files stored on attached USB hard drives can be read on Windows computers
• Up to five USB ports (depending on the NAS USB 2.0 and USB 3.0)
• UPS Support via serial and USB port
• Built-in LPR printer server for PCL 5 Printer
• status display and an intuitive user interface
• Supported operating systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows MCE 2004/5, Mac OS X 10.3.9 and higher
• 3 year warranty
For further information,
Tel: 0207 637 2587
About Buffalo Technology
Buffalo is a global manufacturer of innovative storage, multimedia, and wireless networking products for the home and small business. The company is recognised as the Number 1 total PC peripheral manufacturer in Japan, and was the worldwide consumer NAS market leader in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 (In-Stat).
The company's storage products are addressing the needs of the individual and the business, providing cost-effective network attached storage (NAS), portable and desktop hard drives, multimedia players, and Wireless LAN routers, which together offer a complete and integrated solution for the small office and digital home environment.
Buffalo's product portfolio includes its TeraStation™ NAS devices which are specifically designed to bring Enterprise Storage to the SMB. The LinkStation™ range of NAS products, takes multimedia NAS to the home, and enables you to create a central location to share information, store files, photos and music, and save all your digital content, simply and easily. The AirStation™ range of easy-to-use, high performance wireless networking products for the SMB/SoHo and home user, with industry-leading AOSS™ (AirStation One-Touch Secure System) technology, allows users to build and manage secure wireless networks at home or in the office at the push of a button.
Buffalo's strong international industry alliances with companies such as Intel, Broadcom™, Nintendo and Microsoft have allowed it to lead the industry in the development of the latest technologies into practical tools for the business and the home.
Headquartered in Japan, Buffalo Technology has offices in the UK, France, The Netherlands, USA and Taiwan. For more information please visit www.buffalo-technology.com.