ISSUE: Common Issues with Active Directory and TeraStation Pro
CAUSE: Several properties need to be adjusted when joining a domain
PLATFORM(S): TeraStation Pro TS-TGL/R5 NAS
- Problem: Cannot map to a network drive that is on a domain.
- Solution: The share must have access restrictions and the user must have active directory privileges.
- Problem: Trying to connect to a folder with access restrictions, keep getting prompted for username/password.
- Solution: Connect to the TeraStation using IP-Address instead of DeviceName.
- Problem: Cannot join domain with 1.03 firmware or there are other problems.
- Solution: The 1.03 firmware is Beta and is having some unforeseen issues. Just flash it back to 1.01 from website. "Force" command is not necessary.
- Problem: Trying to use FTP while joined to domain. Cannot login with domain users.
- Solution: Need to use local users on the Terastation for FTP. FTP sends passwords in plain text so it is a security flaw to use domain users.
- Problem: Can't join domain with correct credentials
- Solution: Verify the AD Admin password has no special characters, all of the info is correct, ensure the clock on the TSPro is within 5 minutes of the Domain Controller and that the client has a computer account on the domain.
- Problem: Have 2 or more Terastation Pro units on the same domain, one of them is having trouble connecting to AD.
- Solution: Multiple Terastations may not be able to join a domain using the same Domain Admin account. Try using a different domain admin account to login.