ISSUE: How to determine the static IP address of a NAS device if unknown and re-setting the IP address without harming pre-existing data
CAUSE: Buffalo TeraStation was set to a Static IP address and is unknown.
PLATFORM(S): TeraStation NAS / LinkStation NAS
1. From our download page, select your TeraStation/LinkStation from the product drop down menu, select download.
2. Look for the Client Utility under Utilities, download the file to users desktop and use a zip utility unzip the file.
3. Click on Start > Program Files > Client Utiltiy. This will scan the network for NAS devices and supply you with an IP address.
4. If that fails, press the INIT button on your device (KB#000003 - Forgotten Password), which will reset the IP address to DHCP.
5. Use the Client Utility again to find the IP address.