Buffalo Europe speeds up businesses with 10GbE NAS and switches
Buffalo EU, the global manufacturer of storage and networking solutions, today announces its next generation TeraStation™ 5010 series, a high performance network attached storage (NAS) solution for businesses, and its BS-XP series of 10GbE switches, to extend business networks at high speed.
The TeraStation 5010 series features a built-in 10GbE network port and powerful 1.7Ghz quad-core processor, making it the ideal solution for businesses that require exceptional performance for file transfers and large backups. The series is also compatible with a multi-gigabit 2.5/5Gbps connection and complies with the recently ratified NBASE-T (IEEE 802.3bz) standard. The TS5010 comes with an array of new features, such as the re-designed air-flow chassis, which facilitates reliable long-term operation.
The BS-XP series 10GbE switches offer an easy and energy-efficient way of extending business networks at blistering speeds. Together with the TS5010, the 10GbE switches are the ideal combination for companies looking to upgrade their current networks to 10GbE, in a cost-effective way. Plug and play installation means the switches are ready for use.
Raj Patel, B2B UK Manager, Buffalo Europe, said: “Along with the compatible 10GbE BS-XP switches, the TS5010 will provide lightning fast data transfer speeds, at an affordable price. Our business customers always tell us that reliability and performance are key factors when it comes to storing data, and will find that the TS5010 will deliver just that”.
With highly reliable 4GB ECC memory and a RAID accelerator, the TS5010 runs effortlessly even when accessed simultaneously by multiple users. The new Duplex system firmware boot ensures the TS5010 is protected from boot failure. Having a Duplex system means that firmware is located both on the hard drives and on the mainboard, so if either one fails the system still boots from the other and recovers the broken firmware. The device is packed with business-class features, including active Directory support, disk quota support, share level replication, failover support, 10GbE network port, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, hot-swap hard drives, iSCSI targeting and USB 3.0 accessory support.
TeraStation 5010 – Specifications and benefits
- Available as 2-bay and 4-bay desktop models or 4-bay rackmount
- Populated with reliable NAS hard drives with total capacities of up to 32 TB
- Annapurna Labs® Alpine AL314 1.7Ghz quad-core processor with 4 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
- 1 x 10 GbE network port, 2 x 1GbE network port 2.5/5Gbps compatible, compliant with NBASE-T (IEEE 802.3bz) standard
- 2 x USB 3.0 (desktop), 3 x USB 3.0 (rackmount) RAID accelerator
- 11 licenses of NovaBACKUP® Buffalo Edition
- Three-year Buffalo VIP Warranty WebAccess free remote access service
BS-XP Series 10GbE switches – specifications and benefits
- Eight / twelve 10GbE ports
- Intelligent Power Control – energy conservation feature
- 3 year warranty
- 802.3az Green Ethernet technology
- Automatic energy conservation feature reduces total power consumption